Asian University for Women (AUW) is a centre of higher learning and aims to empower women to assume leadership roles in their communities, as well as in the world. We have just enrolled our fourth batch of students and currently have about 450 female students from thirteen countries enrolled in our pre-university and undergraduate program.
AUW offers two programs: Access Academy and Undergraduate Program.
The Access Academy is an 11-month academic program, which focuses on strengthening students’ skills in English and Mathematics, broadening students’ worldview through a course in World History and Geography and encouraging creativity through the arts.
The undergraduate program offered at the Asian University for Women blends the best of liberal arts educational traditions into a curriculum that speaks to Asia and beyond.
We offer five majors leading to either a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree. These are:
• Asian Studies (B.A.)
• Biological Sciences (B.S.)
• Environmental Sciences (B.S.)
• Politics, Philosophy and Economics (B.A.)
• Public Health Studies (B.S.)
Criteria for Admission
To be considered for admission, an applicant should:
• Be a female between the ages 17-21.
• Have completed 10+2, a total of 12 years’ of education.
• Have demonstrated leadership potential and a commitment to work for positive social change.
• Receive an average of 60% of marks or equivalent grades in the final examinations including a minimum score of 60% on both the English and Mathematics exams.
The AUW’s annual tuition for one academic year of study in either the Access Academy or the Undergraduate Program is US $12,000. This tuition includes room and board, basic health services, and books. It does not include medical care or maintenance medicines for pre-existing conditions that are not disclosed on the application form.
Each applicant should submit her application to The Office of Admission (at least one week prior to the deadline). We review only completed applications accompanied by full English translations (as necessary).
• Application Deadline: February 15, 2012